Wednesday, October 12, 2016

So this week was good! 

Tuesday, we had District Meeting! Good, as always. :) We were able to go and do service for a nice elderly lady in our ward. :) She is super friendly, and we had a good time helping her. I love doing service. We had dinner with this one super awesome family, and that morning, we had asked the Mom if there was anything specific she would like to share a message on. She had responded with diligence, so we prepared a message on diligence. After dinner and the message, I realized that something we had said, had affected those kids. I know it wasn't me, or the words I was saying, but the Spirit had touched their hearts. Sometimes, it's easy to get a little discouraged, and think we aren't making any sort of difference, but I realized in that moment 2 things. 1) It's not me making the difference, that's why it's so important to have the Spirit with us all the time. 2) I can do anything through Christ, which strengtheneth me. I know that I'm here for a reason. We never know the impact we are making. 

Wednesday was really good too. :) We taught Kevin, and talked about Priesthood, and accepting God's will for us. It was a really cool lesson, and our Ward Mission Leader came, and made it even better. Bro G. is super awesome, and just brought such an amazing testimony. Inspired member-present lessons are the best! 

Thursday I was on exchanges with the amazing Sister Bradsby. She has been in the mission field since this most recent transfer, and I was totally worried about our exchange. I always stress about them, even when I know I am doing everything I can to be exactly obedient. But she came, and we had a phenomenal day together. We contacted people on the street, we taught lessons, we were able to go and do a few hours of community service, and so many other things.

 We went by a less-active that someone had asked us to check in on, and when we got there, were instructed to go to her room, where she had been sleeping. (She's really sick.) So we talk to her for a few moments, but she is super out of it, and keeps talking about the pain she was feeling. So I asked if she would like a blessing. She said yes, so we called our Elders, (who are on bike...) The conversation went like this, "This is Elder Oler." "Hi! Where are you?" "Why?" "We need your help, someone needs a blessing." "Okay... we're by the church." "How fast can you get to Hayes?" "Like 20 minutes. But we'll pedal fast, so maybe 15. See you soon." It was super funny. I am so grateful for the Elders. They're great sports. :) So they came and gave the blessing, then one of them said, "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is going on?" And the lady says, with a totally straight face, "I do mind! That is a personal question! Didn't your mom teach you it's impolite to ask that?" I literally thought I was going to be sick. The tension in the room was so thick. The Elders collectively looked shocked, stunned, and one looked like he was going to cry. Then she goes, "I'm kidding, you're totally fine." It was so funny. :D 

It was kind of cool, cause on our way to un-exchange, Sister Bradsby says, "Today is what every day should be like. This is what being a missionary is about." It was so cool. Such a good day. :) 

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!! I loved it so much!!! :D So many amazingly good talks and inspiring messages. I loved them all. I loved Elder Rasbands talk about remembering. It really inspired me. I can't wait to do more family history work. Also the talk about Joseph Smith. SO GOOD. It was all good. :) 

Yesterday I was able to sing in the Temple Music Devotional! It was a super neat experience. I will include a recording, but don't feel obligated to listen to it. :) 

That's pretty much it. I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you do! This weeks thought comes from President Uchtdorf, in the Womens General Session. :) 

Inline image 1

Have a great week! 

Love, Sister Wood :) 

Pictures! 

1)Sister Bradsby and I :) 
2) The temple is so pretty! 
3) Our zone had a hunger games activity where we threw nylons full of flour at each other. SO MUCH FUN! :D

DSC09210.JPG



DSC09275.JPG



DSC09289.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment