Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Greetings! 
Man, the life of a missionary is awesome. Don't get me wrong, it's hard and a lot of hard things happen, but it is so amazing to be out here. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and what we are struggling with. He knows us all perfectly, and will help us. This week was full of miracles, and I don't have time to share all of them, but I will share a few of my favorites. 
So, every week, because Sister Blair is an STL, we go to a thing called DLC, where the district leaders, zone leaders, and STL’s get together and talk about the zone and things going on. At last weeks meeting they decided that we were going to have a zone 24, where everyone in the zone exchanges companions for 24 hours. I was excited to be with another companion and get to know her a little bit better. They paired me with Sister Shober. She is awesome. So we were having companionship study, and we started talking. We talked about things we were struggling with, and she shared with me some scriptures and quotes. I so needed her at that time. It was amazing to me that at the time when I was struggling with those specific things, she was there to help me. I knew that Heavenly Father had put us together for a reason. The zone leaders received revelation that we needed each other on that day. It was a wonderful manifestation of the love Heavenly Father has for us.
The next miracle happened during temple tours. We were sitting at our tent that sits in across from the Newport Beach temple. This woman came up and started talking to us. She was a member and she and her family were moving to California from Utah. She and her husband were there looking at prospective houses. She asked us about the wards here, and which wards needed more help, etc. I felt prompted to tell her that all of the wards would welcome them with open arms, and that Heavenly Father will always help us know where to go. It wasn’t really anything big, but she began to cry, and told us that they had really been struggling to decide, when we talked to her, she felt peaceful and knew that as they relied on the Lord, he would help them know where to go. I know that the Spirit helped me help this woman. It was so amazing.
The third miracle came yesterday. As most of you know, It was fast Sunday. As we fasted, Sister Blair and I both prayed that we would find some investigators. We always go to church fifteen minutes early to talk to people and welcome them as they enter the chapel. Two sister missionaries that we didn’t recognize came up to us and started talking with us. They told us that they had a man with them who they had been teaching. They were Samoan speaking sisters, and this man spoke English and was in our area. They wanted to pass him off to us, because they were from the Anaheim mission, and felt that he would benefit from having us teach him. It was so awesome!! Not only is he excited to learn, but he also has a baptismal date for November 14. We are so stoked to teach him. Heavenly Father listens to our prayers, and answers them.
We also watched the new Mormon Message called Reflections. If you have a chance, I highly encourage you to watch it, because it is really good. We had an awesome Halloween. All of the missionaries had to be inside by 7pm, so we had a zone activity at the stake center. We played Volleyball, Basketball, and chair soccer. It was so much fun. My zone is so cool. J I am so blessed to be out here with the people I’m here with. I have met so many awesome people and missionaries. I love being a missionary!!
Sister Blair and I are still figuring out our area, but look forward to working hard. I am almost halfway through my training, which is awesome. I look forward to being done with 12 weeks.
            Thank you all for your love and support. I love you all so much!

Love, Sister Wood :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment