Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Hi Everyone!

I am doing spectacularly this week. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. It's crazy awesome. 

This week I got a new companion! Her name is Hermana Garcia! She is so wonderful. She is from Australia, and just got transferred from the Spanish speaking part of the mission, (where she has been for her entire mission up to this point) into an English speaking part of the mission. So that has been a little bit crazy, and we've had an interesting time together trying to adjust, but we are doing well together. She has this crazy long red hair, and is probably the sweetest person on the planet. I feel very blessed to be able to know her. 

After transfers on Wednesday, we had to drop Sister Blair off at the Mission office so she could be driven to the airport. It was so hard to say goodbye to her. There were 8 other sisters going home with her, and so many people were crying. We were all a mess, but she is happy to be home with her family for Christmas. 

We also got to help set up and be a part of the Ward Christmas Party. It was a blast, and an awesome experience. We met so many people that we hadn't ever met before, and were able to talk to the Anaheim Spanish missionaries, which was fun. (The Anaheim Spanish Ward meets in our building, so we had our Christmas party together.) I tried tamales for the first time. They are so good, but maybe a little bit spicy for me. We had an awesome time, and loved spending time with our ward. 

We are still working with Gamal, and hoping that he will keep progressing and working towards his baptismal date. 

I want to talk about Julie. Julie is the 16 year old girl who we met last week. She told us last week on Sunday that she wanted to come to church, and we've had other people tell us that in the past, and then they didn't show up. It's super disappointing when people don't keep commitments. Anyways, we called her on Thursday, and asked if she was planning on coming, and if she needed a ride, etc. She said that she was coming!!! Then she came!!!! Oh man, so much stuff happened yesterday that could have prevented everything from happening like it did, but it was amazing! She stayed at all three hours of church, and she wants to come back next week! She is also letting us come and talk with her tomorrow and on Thursday. I cannot express how blessed I feel that we found her. She was telling us yesterday about how she had been searching for a church, and wanted to come closer to God. What the amazing!!! 

That's about it! I'm so excited for Christmas, and I'm excited to see what the next week brings, because life is never boring as a missionary. I love this gospel, and I love this Christmas season where people are so much more open to talking about Christ and remembering him. 
I love you all so much, and want to wish you a very Merry Christmas. 
Love, Sister Wood :) 

Picture 1) This is Sister Garcia and I along with two of the Bishops daughters. I put a wreath on my head, and soon everyone else had a wreath on their head, so we took a picture. Also, the little girls wanted to wear our coats. This happened while we were setting up for the ward Christmas party. 

Picture 2) Us and Santa!! :) 

IMG_2198.JPG



IMG_2219.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment