Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hiya!
Life is so great! I love being a missionary. :) 

Man, this week has been a little bit crazy. Every week is crazy, but this one was super hectic. 

So, on Tuesday we had Sister Blair's departing dinner. ( This is where all of the missionaries going home get to invite one other missionary, and go have dinner and a testimony meeting at the Mission Home.) It was really nice, and I felt blessed that Sister Blair invited me to go with her. She also invited her other greenie, and it was really fun. After the dinner, we all sat in this big circle in the living room, and were asked to share a memory or something we learned from one of the departing missionaries. We were so grateful that Elders and Sisters have separate dinners because as soon as the first person started talking, everyone started crying. Seriously, so many tears. It was a mess. It was really awesome, and really spiritual, but we tried to take some pictures afterwards, and it was all puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. So many tears. But it was good. 

To make things more interesting, we had zone 24's that night as well. (Where the whole zone gets together and switches companions for 24 hours) We were super late. Most people know that I'm not a super prompt person anyway, (I am getting better at it on my mission) but we were super late. I felt really bad for all of our temporary companions. They were not very pleased with us. We didn't get to bed until almost midnight, which is super late for missionaries. I went on a 24 with Sister Bauer (who I came out with) and Sister Van Den Braun (the British one) in their area. We had an awesome time together. We had a lot of fun, and talked to some awesome people. I am so glad I got to be with them for a day and hear their testimonies. 

We also have started sharing the "A Savior is Born" video. It is so awesome! I love that video, so so so so so so so much. It is awesome. I love sharing it with people as well. Seriously, it's the best. Being a missionary is the best! 

The day after 24's (Thursday I think) I went on an exchange down in the Spanish area. Oh my goodness. I thought I understood Spanish. Who was I kidding? No one. I do not understand or speak Spanish at all. It was so funny, cause I would be sitting there nodding, pretending like I understood what everyone was saying, but then someone would ask me a question, and I'm pretty sure I looked just like a deer in the headlights. I did not get it. My temporary companion, Hermana Garcia, said it was so hard not to laugh, because it was so obvious that I had no clue what was happening. I also got a massive headache from trying to follow along. They called it a "greenie headache" Which makes sense. I am so grateful I got to be there though. I felt the spirit, and I know that no matter what language we are speaking, the gospel is still true, and the spirit can still touch our hearts. It was a very fun day. 

On Friday, we went to DLC. (District Leadership Council) Where the District Leaders and Zone Leaders, and STL's go and talk about the zone and how to better help the missionaries in the zone. Because Sister Blair is the only STL in our zone, I get to (have to?) go with her. No one can play the piano, so we always sing the hymns A Capella. This is always and adventure because most of the people there... try their hardest to sing in tune, but it's hard with out a piano. Anyways, one of the Elders started the song, but he started it on a super high note. So, we are trying to sing along... but we can't. I just couldn't do it. So I changed the key and shifted down a few notes in the middle of the song. We all lost it. It sounded awful, and we just started laughing really hard. Sister Blair was crying from laughing so hard. We were trying to be reverent, but it took forever to calm down. 

Anyways, that's about it for this week. We have transfer calls this week, and then Transfer meeting next Tuesday. I will definitely let you all know where I'm going! 
I love you all! 
Love, Sister Wood :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment