Monday, February 1, 2016

Hey Everybody! 

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED!!! What? Just kidding, I actually was not surprised when I got the call. I've known for the past little while that I was leaving. So when I actually got the call on Saturday, it wasn't that surprising. I was still really sad. I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for the past few weeks, but it wasn't working very well. Then I get the call, and I was first really excited, then really devastated. I am so sad that I will be leaving South Coast, seriously, I love it so much. Yesterday, they had me bear my testimony in Sacrament meeting, and tears were just streaming down my face the entire time. People kept coming up to me and telling me how much they loved me and how great I would do in my next ward. It was good, but really sad. Closure is a bittersweet thing. 

But now, I have said most of my goodbyes, and I am so excited to go to my next area! I will be serving all the way at the bottom of our mission in San Clemente, in the Marblehead ward. I will be companions with Sister Wolterman, who is so awesome. Seriously, she is such an amazing missionary, and I am so stoked to work with her. Also, Sister Hardin is down in San Clemente!!! I"ll get to work with her again! 

Sister Garcia will be up here in South Coast training a new greenie. She is actually not going to our mission, but she has to wait for her Visa so she can go to her mission in Italy. 

That's the really exciting news. :) In other news, we were able to see most of our investigators this week, which was a huge blessing and a miracle to us. We have been struggling to juggle everything lately, and it makes it really hard because things have been slipping through the cracks. We're trying out best though, and we know that Heavenly Father is helping us out. 

I've spent some time packing and getting ready to leave, but it will be a miracle to get me totally packed and out of the house by tomorrow. 

Some exciting things that happened this week. 

We talked to a nice man from Jamaica! I think he felt bad for us, because no one was listening to us, but he took a Book of Mormon and said he would read it! 

We had a lesson with these twins who didn't give us any of their information, but also took Books of Mormon, and said that they would read it as well. 

We had lessons with Gamal, Julie, and Jne!!! That never happens. Usually someone cancels because of reasons, but we were able to see everyone. 

When we were at dinner with one of our members, Sister Garcia was asking for some water, but because of her accent, the waitress couldn't understand her. She repeated herself a few times, but finally she looked at me, and I told the waitress what happened. This is actually a common occurrence and is absolutely hilarious. Sister Garcia usually gets kind of frustrated, but it's probably one of the funniest things, and I'm so glad that I get to see it on a regular basis. :)  

I'm so excited for this next week! So much is changing, but it's a good change. Thank you for all your love and support! 
Love, Sister Wood :) 

Pictures! We went to breakfast this morning, because I'm getting transferred, as well as one of the other Sisters. After that we went and studied together. :) 

 

IMG_2641.JPG



IMG_2646.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment