Sunday, May 8, 2016

Picture 1) Lele's baptism!
Picture 2) Roomies at the temple! 
Picture 3) Sister Phinney and I 
Picture 4) Our District :) 

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Anne Jacqueline Wood <anne.wood@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hello! Sorry that my subject lines are so lame, I can never really think of what to put there. Today is the start of my 6th transfer as a missionary! That's super weird, but good I think. 

Sister Phinney and I will be together for another transfer!! Woo!!! No changes at all, I'm still driving, she still wants to drive, and we're going to kill it here in Marblehead. :) I love it here, and am grateful I get to stay. 

Um, news... 

I had an interview with President this week! First thing he says to me when I get in his office, "Sister Wood, this morning I felt like you and Sister Phinney needed to stay together for another transfer, now that you are here, I feel even more strongly that you should. What do you feel about that?" Uh... I guess transfers aren't a surprise anymore... :) But I know that it's what is right, so I was happy to agree with him. It was just a pretty funny way to start the conversation. 

We had dinner with this awesome family in Sister Phinney's last ward on Tuesday, neither of them are members, but they have a son on a mission in Canada! So that was a super cool experience. It was really cool to feel the spirit that was there when they let us share he lesson. They aren't interested, but love having the missionaries in their home. I was just an awesome experience all around. 

We had a family history training this week, and I loved it! Every time I hear about family history, I just get really excited. I can't wait til I can spend more time on it. It's just so cool to be able to go and try to find members of your family who don't have their work done, and see if you can do it yourself. Seriously, so cool. :) 

Lele got baptized! Such an amazing experience. It was actually a double baptism, with the Elders. It was so cool to be there for her. We sang I am a Child of God, (we being Sister Wolterman, Sister Corpuz, Sister Phinney and I.)  and it was just super special. After she came out from changing out of her wet clothes, I asked her how she felt. She responded with one word. Happy. :') I know that this gospel does just that, brings happiness. She was glowing, and it was so so so amazing. I am so grateful I go to be there. 

We went to the temple!! I love the temple, and I am grateful that I get to go as often as I do. We had a wonderful time. Then we went and helped Stella go to Costco, which is never boring. :) 

Yesterday we went to the temple music devotional, and I saw some of my friends from South Coast! It was so awesome to see everyone. It was such a cool day. :) 

Tomorrow are transfers! We are going to be helping some other Sisters with stuff so they can get all their luggage up to Irvine, so it should be an exciting day!

I have been thinking a lot about the love of Heavenly Father recently. We met with a LA this week, and she has been having a rough time. Her brother in Ecuador and his two sons passed away when their house collapsed during the earthquake there. She was struggling with her testimony, and knowing that even though bad things happen, Heavenly Father still loves us, and is still there for us. I felt prompted to share Romans 8:35, & 37-39 which says, 

 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

When I read that to her, I just knew it was true. Yes, bad things happen, but Heavenly Father will never, ever leave us. He is always watching over us, and nothing we do, or anything that can happen will lessen his love for us. It was an amazing lesson, and an amazing testimony building moment for me. 

I hope you all have an amazing week! Know that Heavenly Father loves you, and I love you! 

Love, Sister Wood :)  



DSC01535.JPG



DSC01541.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment