Friday, July 29, 2016

Wow, time goes by so fast. It's weird. I feel like I was just emailing yesterday. Well it was later in the week, so that might explain it a little bit. I don't know. Anyways...

This week was really good! We got to have a lesson with Paul this week, he's so... interesting. But he's nice, and loves to learn about the gospel, so we have a good time together. :) We had interviews with President and Sister Clark... THEY ARE SO SO SO SO SO SO AMAZING!!!!! I know I said that last week, but it's even more true this week. They are so cool. So nice. So wonderful. All things virtuous, lovely, and of good report... Seriously, I can't tell you how much I love them. Main things I learned from them, 

A successful missionary is not someone who baptizes the world. A successful missionary is someone who does the very best they can to follow the Spirit and do the will of the Lord. Someone who loves the people they serve, and does all they can to help them. Numbers don't define a  successful missionary. A missionaries commitment to Heavenly Father defines a successful missionary. 

When we make mistakes, we need to let them go. We don't need to be hard on ourselves. Letting things go is a crucial part of the repentance process. 

They are so cool. I could go on forever about them, but nobody has time for that, so I will let you all imagine for yourselves how amazing they are. 

I love doing Temple tours!! They are never boring. This week in the Temple Tour saga, we met the person who baptized the missionary mom from Meet the Mormons! His name is Ron, and he's super nice! (Pictures to be included. :) ) It was a super funny experience. We also got to go to ARP, but we didn't really know why we needed to be there, but we had prayed, and felt like we needed to go, and and at the end of the class, one of the people said, I am so grateful that the missionaries are here, because they give me so much hope. It was a super cool answer to our prayer. 

On Thursday, Sister Coombs had MLC, so I was able to go on a mini-exchange with Sister Cannon. She's super sweet. :) We had a great time together. Pilar had surgery, so we went and helped her for a little while on Thursday. She was super out of it, but she's so funny. It was good to be able to help her. I love her so much! 

There is this super awesome lady in our ward named Sister Howard. She is so nice. She fed us on Friday, and is just the kindest person I have ever met. She has a son on a mission in the Philippines, and is so nice to us. It was so cool to talk to her and get to know her. She has so much love to give. Sister Coombs and I walked away from her house glowing, because we felt so loved. It was such a cool experience. 

We have some super solid potential investigators who we are trying to meet up with. I'm so excited to see them progress. Also, Bob and Sandy from Marblehead went to Church!!! That was super exciting news. :) We are just trying to talk to everyone, and are focusing on finding. Yesterday we chased down some teenagers who wanted Books of Mormon, but we hadn't been carrying enough for all of them, so we had to run to the car, then chase them down to give them to them. It was funny, but totally worth it. Transfers are just a few weeks away, which is super hard to believe... 

That's about it! Thank you for everything you do! I love you all so much! 

Love, Sister Wood :) 

1) Us with Ron :) 
2& 3) I love the temple! And my nametag. :) 

DSC08465.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment