Sunday, July 10, 2016

Whelp, I always say that I will give myself more time to type out my group email, and then I never do... So this will probably be pretty quick... Sorry about that. :) Next time, I will do better. 

Most of the recent converts are going through some super hard stuff, losing jobs, getting kicked out of their house... etc. I was super worried about them, but rather than turning away from Heavenly Father and being angry, they have turned to him, and relied on him for his help. It has been amazing to watch. They are amazing. 

Miracle! We didn't have dinner one night, and Sister Coombs texted a family and asked if they would be willing to have us over. While my inclination is to eat dinner at home, she correctly told me that it is an important way to get to know members. So, we actually were on exchanges that day, and Sister Coombs didn't get to go, but at dinner was a girl I didn't know. When I asked her name, I realized that she was one of the former investigators in this ward! She was going to EFY with her friend in this family, and totally knew the primary songs we sang with the family. We invited the family, and her to come to the temple music devotional next Sunday. It would be so cool if she could make it! It was a super tender mercy. 

Lele went to the temple and did baptisms for the dead on Saturday!!! I was able to go and do them with her. Such an amazing experience. It was so so so so wonderful to see her again. :) I love her so much, and it's so good to see her progressing!! 

I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Downs! She is such an amazing missionary, and I learned a lot from her. It's always fun to be able to get to know the other Sisters in the Mission. We had a great time together, and were able to talk to a lot of interesting people. :) While we were walking down the street, I saw a license plate from Utah. I know that not all Utahns are Mormon, but if we're honest, a lot of us are. So I saw the license plate, then heard kids screaming, so I walked to the gate at the house, and said, "Hi! Are you guys from Utah?" They were like, "Sisters!" So they were LDS. :) We talked to them for a while, then they bought us lunch! It was so nice of them! :) 

We had a super good week, we were able to see almost all of the people we needed to see. :) Sister Coombs did get sick, but is on the mend, and ready to get back to work. 

On the news side of things, Sister Hardin went home this week. :( For those of you who don't know who that is, she was my MTC comp. She had good reasons, but it was really hard to see her go. :/ I love her lots. Also, President Clark comes in this week! We are so sad to see President Orgill go though. :'( But it will be a good change. Heavenly Father wouldn't give us someone who wouldn't bless our mission. I know that. 

We're just trying to get our feet under us and start running. :) We are so excited to work in this ward! 

Our zone theme this transfer comes from Alma 14:13:
"Be it according to the will of the Lord; But behold, our work is not finished." I really liked that. :) 

I love you all!! Have the most amazing week ever! Happy 4th of July! 
Love, Sister Wood :)



DSC08228.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment