Friday, July 29, 2016

Whelp, it's week six again... So yeah. :) 

This week was great! 

Life is wonderful here in Newport Hills. I love this area and the people here. It's amazing to have the temple in our area, where we can pass by it on our way to appointments. It always reminds me of the end goal. Of why we're out here teaching people. It's so they can go inside the beautiful temple, and participate in the ordinances there. It's a good reminder. :) 

We were able to to meet with some of our recent converts this week, they seem to be doing well. We are currently trying to get them to the temple to do baptisms for the dead! Hopefully they will all be going soon. :) We invited Paul to pray and set a date for when he needs to go. So hopefully, they will be on their way. 

Pilar is amazing. She has such a strong testimony, and knows that this gospel is true. I am grateful for her and her strength. I love the fact that when she doesn't understand something, she goes to the scriptures and the prophets words! It's such a good quality of hers. I'm grateful we have the opportunity to teach her, even though a lot of times I feel that we learn more from her than we are able to teach. I love her. :) 

On Wednesday we were able to give a training on being a successful missionary. I loved studying for this topic and being able to share it with our District. In PMG it says that "your success as a missionary is measured primarily by your commitment..." I thought that was so cool! Our District is so awesome! So many wonderful missionaries that we get to interact with. :) District 55 for life! :D  

Windows are the best! We had an interesting window this week, where when we got to the street we had felt prompted to be at, there were no houses there. Not a single house. We stopped for a moment, looked at each other, laughed for a minute, then decided to pray to see if there was somewhere else we needed to be. We both felt strongly that we needed to be there, so we decided to write some uplifting messages in chalk, and talk to anyone that passed by. When we finished, we felt like we had done the right thing. I am grateful for Heavenly Father. Even when we can't see the big picture, or the rest of the puzzle, he knows. He knows exactly what is going on and where he needs us to be. When we get out of the way and follow the Spirit, Heavenly Father will guide our feet the the proper place at the proper time. 

We were able to see a LA in our ward this week. Our encounter was... interesting.  She may be bi-polar, and potentially drunk at the time of our meeting, but we don't actually know... We prayed with her a lot, and did the best we could, but when I looked at Sister Coombs to see if she had any idea of what to do, she just looked as lost as I did... Anyways, we'll probably be going back to see her this next week, but we are going to call first. :) 

We tried to stop by a family where one of the children over the age of 8 has not been baptized. When we got there, the family wasn't home, but we were able to talk to the Nanny and give her a Book of Mormon. That was a cool experience. :) 

On Saturday, I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Wolterman!! It was so good to be back with her again. I am so grateful for her. For her example and influence. I always know how much she loves me. She is such an amazing missionary, and I learned so much from her. We had an opportunity to go to my Sister District Meeting, and learn about Virtue. I love the idea and principle of Virtue. It is powerful, and a wonderful thing to strive for. I am striving to learn more about Virtue and have it be a more prominent focus in my missionary work. Sister Wolterman and I had a good time together, and were able to talk to a lot of people about Heavenly Father's divine love for them.

We were in her area, and we had a window, where we went up and asked people if we could sing to them. It was really hard! I don't think I have ever put myself out there like that, but it was awesome! It felt just like old times. She played the guitar, then we sang I am a Child of God. We were able to give out quite a few copies of the Book of Mormon, and got over 80 contacts. It was so so so so so so cool! 

 If I had to say one thing that I learned from our exchange, it would be that we all do good things each day, and we need to stop and take a moment to "appreciate the sunset" in ourselves. I'll expound more on that later, but I'm out of time. I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with her. :) 

We also met one of the investigators in this ward! His name is Don, and he wants to be baptized! He has some things that he wants to do/ work through before he gets baptized, and wants to be baptized in December. But he is willing to meet with the missionaries, which seems like a step in the right direction. We also set up an appointment with another one of the investigators in our ward!!! We are finally making some progress with them! I'm so excited!!! :D  It's going to be a great week. I just know it. 

Thank you for all that you do!!! You're wonderful! If there is anything I can do for you, or anyone you know, please let me know! I love you all!!! 


Love, Sister Wood 

Pictures! 
 
This was Sister Coombs and I's window. :) 

DSC08551.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment