Monday, April 11, 2016

So, this week was great! I don't have a ton of time left, but I will do my best to sum it up. 

WE SAW ARIANNA!!!!  I don't know if I've told you about Arianna, but she is one of our investigators who is struggling a lot. We have been trying to see her for weeks, but something has always come up. We were actually going to drop a loaf of bread off at Adele's house, cause we haven't seen her for a while either, but she wasn't home. As we walked away, I looked at Sister Phinney, and asked if we should stop by Arianna's, even thought we've never caught her at home. We both felt like we should. So we went, and were able to have a short, but needed thought with her, reminding her that no matter what, Heavenly Father loved her. It was an amazing tender mercy.

This week I have seen a lot that Heavenly Father will guide you if you will be led. He won't force you to listen to him, but he will lead you if you let him. So we did some Family History this week, and we had to run back to our apartment to grab something. We ran inside and got it, then went to the business center at our complex. Unfortunately, it was full. So we decided to go do it at the Church, but I forgot something else, so we ran back to get it. We finally made it to the church, just as this old woman was walking through the parking lot. When I saw her, I felt inspired to talk to her, and Sister Phinney said, we need to talk to her. So we went and we talked to her! Her name is Mary, and she's super sweet! She accepted a Book of Mormon, and expressed interest in learning more about the church. It was amazing to see that we had been guided to being where we needed to be when we needed to be there. So that was cool. 

I got to go on an exchange with Hermana Garcia!!! It was so great. It was a little bit weird having my old companions with me, but knowing that I wasn't companions with either of them anymore... It was weird, but a good weird. We had a wonderful time. We did service, saw some less-actives, and saw a lot of miracles. I needed to be with her. It is amazing that Heavenly Father puts things and people in our lives that will help us grow, or simply give us comfort. It was so amazing. 

So funny moment this week. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and when I left, Sister Phinney wasn't in our room, and our door was shut. I thought she was waiting to jump out at me from the closet, but I she wasn't there. I opened the door, and all three of my roomates start shooting me with water guns! Me, the door, the carpet, and a bunch of other things were completely soaked by the end of it. It was pretty funny though. I couldn't just let that go though, so I went into the kitchen and grabbed a cup full of water and threw it at them, cause they were trapped. It was pretty funny. :) But then we had to clean it all up because we had cleaning checks. :D 

That's all I have time for, but I just want you all to know that miracles are always happening if you will open your eyes up to see them. Heavenly Father is always blessing our lives, and helping us along the way. I love you all! Til next week!

Love, Sister Wood :) 

Picture 1) What I walked out to... 
Picture 2) Me, after it all went down

DSC01305.JPG



No comments:

Post a Comment