Monday, April 25, 2016

This week was good. Kind of rough, but still good. We went on lots of exchanges with Sister Corpuz. Like everyday for three days. :)  It was so fun! Trios are the best! But some missionary told me that temporary trios are kind of like being a grandparent. You get them for a while and have fun, but then you get to give them back to their parents, or companion as it were, when they are tired. It's kind of true I think. :) Anyways, it was lots of fun. We went and did some Filipino work, and went tracting a lot. 

We gave a training in ZTM! It was a crazy ZTM. (Zone Training Meeting for those of you who don't speak missionary... :) It's where we go and receive guidance and counsel and trainings from leaders and other missionaries in our zone.) It was awesome! I learned so much. They didn't plan in advance who would be giving trainings, but had different people prepare about 15 trainings. We didn't know if we would give ours or not, but we ended up being asked to do it. It was a cool training on letting your light shine, and not hiding it under a bushel. My favorite was a training about leaving your mark. They taught us a lot about how even if we don't set up a return appointment, or teach a lesson, or really get to say much at all, and all we get to do is leave a card, that it makes a difference. It makes some sort of impact. Everything we are doing out here makes a difference. We might not be able to reap, or even see the fruition of our efforts while we are missionaries, or in that area, but we are making a difference, and we need to leave our mark. It was super cool, and it is definitely what I needed this week. 

In other news, Adele dropped us this week. :( It's super sad. She was so golden. This week has been kind of rough because it seems like all of our investigators have hit this point where we either can't contact them, or they don't want to see us. So that's been kind of frustrating. But, we have decided to do more less-active work, more tracting, and trying to work more with the members. We have decided to do what we can, and trust that Heavenly Father will make up the difference. I am grateful that rather than giving up, I feel strong enough that even though it's sad and discouraging, I feel like I can keep going. It's a super huge blessing. I am so grateful for Sister Phinney too. Because she is so positive, and doesn't let anything bother her. It's a good lesson for me to learn. I am grateful for all the things I am learning from her. 

Funny story! We climbed out the church window! (I will include pictures. :) ) Sister Phinney, rather than going to the doors, turned into this classroom, and went over to the window. I was confused and said something like, "What are you going to do, climb out?" I don't remember her response, but one thing led to another, and she climbed out the window! I realized after a second that either she would have to come back in, or we would have to go out, (Sister Corpuz was with us.)  or else we wouldn't be being obedient to the white handbook... She couldn't come back in due to her being too short, so we all went out through the window. It was an interesting experience, and super funny. :) 

I saw Lele at church yesterday, and she made me feel so good! I miss her a lot, and I asked her if I could go to her baptism. She responded with, "Of course you have to come! You are one of my teachers!" It was really cool. I am very excited to go next week. :D 

I know that things happen for a reason, and even when it's hard, Heavenly Father has a plan for us. He will never let us suffer or go through a trial for no reason. Sister Wolterman has a quote over her desk that says, "When Heavenly Father lets us fall, he will either catch us, or teach us how to fly." I know that's true. I'm grateful to be where I am.

So, we are just keeping on keeping on. :) Sorry for the super long email... :) I love you all, and hope you have a great week!  

Love, Sister Wood :) 

Picture 1) Sister Corpuz and I during Comp Study :)
Picture 2) I told you I climbed out the window :D 

DSC01370.JPG



DSC01376.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment