Monday, April 11, 2016

Heya!
GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? LELE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a little bit excited.  Actually, I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know she's not my investigator anymore, but it's still super exciting news. Sister Wolterman and Sister Corpuz came home and Sister Wolterman comes up to me and is like, "Guess what?" and I was like, "What?" And she goes, "Lele is getting baptized on April 30th." And I just sat there for a minute and was kinda lost, then it registered, and I was like, "WHAT????? YES!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!" Then I gave Sister Wolterman a big hug, then gave Sister Corpuz a big hug, then gave Sister Phinney a big hug, and everyone was looking at me like I was crazy, but it didn't matter, because Lele was getting baptized!! I'm so excited for her! This is going to bless her so much, and will give her so much comfort about her husband, and I just can't wait for the 30th. Man, it was the best news. :D
This week was good, with some hiccups, as usual. I got really sick! Yay! The nurse made me stay at home for 3 days, because she didn't want me to infect all of San Clemente. While we were stuck inside, I practiced my violin, and Sister Phinney made like 8 loaves of bread. But now I am on the mend and not contagious! So I can go work again! Also, I was able to go to conference, which was awesome!
We had the awesome opportunity to go and help the Elders teach one of their investigators Angelica. She wants to get baptized, but has a few concerns about doctrine. The Elders invited us to come with them and teach her with them. It was a super cool experience. I suggested while we were there that we all write down three questions for General Conference, then fast and pray beforehand that we would get the answers to those questions. Yesterday we were able to all come together again, and share the revelation we had received. It was so cool to hear that most of her concerns had been resolved by what had been shared. She still has some questions, but has slowly started gaining a testimony of the apostles and prophets. It was an amazing experience.
General Conference was so so so good. It was such a needed boost for me. I felt like a terrible person, because I hadn't been able to missionary for a few days, and when I heard Elder Hollands talk, when he said, "Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep going. …
Brothers and sisters, the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. That’s the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength. …
… Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
  It touched me so much. I knew that I was going through this for a reason, there was something I needed to learn from it, and that regardless of how I felt in the past, I needed to keep trying, keep going, and keep believing. It was really cool for me. The Spirit testified to me, that it's okay to have weaknesses, and that because you have them, it doesn't mean you're suddenly this terrible person. (See the talk "It isn't a sin to be weak") I was very grateful for that.

 I also loved President Ucthdorf's talk, especially when he talked about how it is our choice, whether or not we let Heavenly Father help us.

"While our loving Father desires that all of His children return to Him, He will force no one to heaven. God will not rescue us against our will.If you cannot say you know God is there, you can hope that He is. You can desire to believe. That is enough to start.
Then, acting on that hope, reach out to Heavenly Father. God will extend His love toward you, and His work of rescue and transformation will begin."
I also loved Elder Cristofferson's talk about Fathers. I am grateful for my Father, and the example he has been to me throughout my life. I liked when he said, "As a Church, we believe in fathers. … We believe that far from being superfluous, fathers are unique and irreplaceable."
I was all so good. I truly loved all of it, but those were some of my favorite talks. I am grateful for a living prophet, and living apostles. I know that they are inspired of God to share what they do.
So that was about it this week, it was hard, but it was good. :) I love you all! Hope you have a good week!
Love, Sister Wood :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment