Saturday, August 6, 2016

Heya! 

Man, this week was so good! So many good things happened! So many amazing experiences!! I absolutely adore being a missionary. Seeing Sister Coombs prepare to go home in a few weeks has made me realize something. That I want to be a missionary forever. It is the best thing in the entire world. 

Monday was good! We had dinner with the most adorable old lady in the world. Her and her friend were there and they performed some songs for us on the ukulele. It was seriously the most adorable thing ever. 

We saw Paul on Tuesday! it went really well! We are still trying to get him to the temple. :) We went and visited some Less-active members of the church, one of which has been inactive for the past 20 years, and we were pleasantly surprised! She was super nice, and invited us to come back at a better time. It was awesome! We had dinner at one of the Bishoprics house, and it was so fun! They had just gotten back from a trip in Samoa, so it was super fun to hear about that. I just love these people. So much. 

Thursday we had ZTM!! I loved it so much! We received quite a few trainings, so highligh

 "Becoming True Millennials" by President Nelson. So good. If you haven't read it, go and read it. :) 

"Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles." 

Those were my favorite. :) 

We also saw a RC that we haven't been able to meet with at all this transfer! Such a blessing! Then we went and saw Pilar, who I love dearly. :) 

Friday we met with an investigator in our ward, who we also haven't been able to see all transfer!! She is super awesome! She wants to be baptized, but has to work through some concerns first, like most people. But it was super awesome! We had planned to talk about faith, then we started the lesson, and we went in another direction, and she asks, "what does it really meant to have faith?" and I was like, "Oh, my scriptures actually happen to be opened to a chapter all about faith, let me tell you!" (Alma 32) I didn't actually say that, but when she asked that, Sister Coombs and I just looked at each other and smiled, because we knew our nightly planning had been inspired. Which was cool. The lesson went really well! Hopefully they will see her again next week. We also were able to share a message of comfort with her granddaughter, who's dad had just left. It was all around a wonderful experience. 

Saturday we went and did service for this 86 year old woman in our ward who was moving. So much fun. :) Everytime we walked back up the stairs she said, "You two are wonderful, you just need to sit down and rest, and drink some water." This lengthened the process significantly, but it was still good. We had lots of fun. :) We had dinner with a LA, then were able to go to a baptism that another companionship in our zone was having. :) Then we got transfer calls... 

I will be leaving Newport Hills.... :'( But Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I am glad I got to serve here at all. So grateful for these people. Telling them in Ward Council was super hard. "But you just got here!" Was the common phrase. It's all good though. :) I will be going to Northwood in Irvine with... Sister Dinning! My old roomate! Man, that's going to be exciting. :D Sister Coombs will be in a trio for her last week with SISTER PHINNEY & Sister Rudy, and we might be rooming with them!!! I would die of happiness. I'm so excited that she is coming up to Newport. It's gonna be great!!! 

Yesterday was very bitter-sweet, and full of lots of goodbyes. Who knew you could get so attached in 6 weeks.... It's good but hard. I'm excited to keep moving forward. 

That's about it! The thought for this week comes from Alma 32, cause that's where I am in the BoM. 

" 41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

 42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.

 43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you." 

I love that in the space of three verses, it says faith, diligence, and patience, three times. I think that it might be important. :) 

I love you all lots!! Thank you for everything! Have an amazing week! 

Love, Sister Wood  

P.S. The reason for my subject line is because I have decided to make that the motto of my mission/life. I will give more explanation later. :) 

DSC08603.JPG



DSC08632.JPG



DSC08633.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment