Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I'm so sorry I didn't email last week! I really lost track of time, then our hour of email was up! So sorry about that. 

This week was so amazing. Well, I was sick last week, but now I'm better, but then I shared it with my companion... True comp unity. She is now on the mend, which is definitely a good sign. We still saw miracles, even in the midst of our affliction though!! 

Northwood is so amazing. I love this ward. Getting transferred is always hard, and of course you miss your last area, but if you look, you will be able to see that Heavenly Father's hand is in it. I know that I'm supposed to be here. 

Tuesday we had district meeting! We got an AMAZING training on humility and confidence. It was so cool to see how the two link together. Some things I learned, 

-When we are humble, we can have confidence in the Lord. 

-Sometimes the things you want to be taught, aren't the things that Heavenly Father needs you to learn. 

-We CANNOT do His work without His help. It is His work, not ours, so why are we surprised that we will need his help? However we absolutely will be successful in His work with His divine help and guidance. 

It was just super good. :) He also tied the training into contacting, which was neat. 

Later that day we went and did service for a woman who got baptized this last Saturday. It was so fun. While we were packing, we were talking about the commandments, and she just kept talking about how excited she was to enter the waters of baptism. Her baptism was absolutely beautiful. She's so fun. 

We also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Oak Creek sisters. They are so amazing! Sister Peterson came to Northwood with me, and we saw so so so so so many miracles. We started off the day by teaching English to some Korean people with Elders from the Anaheim mission. That was so much fun. Super cool. :) We had a lesson with a LA in our ward, and she just opened up to us, even though I've only met her once before. We shared with her the Mormon Message, "The Will of God", and the Spirit was so strong. We went tracting! Tracting to me is super fun. I love being able to talk to people. We were able to give out 3 copies of the Book of Mormon, at 3 consecutive houses, which was super cool. We also found some people who are interested in learning more, so hopefully, we will be able to share more of this gospel with them. At the end of the night, we had a lesson with an investigator here, named Kevin. He is just the sweetest man. We took some ward missionaries with us, and it was absolutely perfect. We showed him the "Patterns of Light" video series by Elder Bednar, because he has been struggling to recognize answers to prayers. It was so good. 

We were able to see a few more less-actives, and I am just trying my best to get to  know the members of this ward better. :) There are so many amazing people in this area, and so many people who are just waiting to hear about the gospel! (Some of them simply don't know it yet. :) ) 

We went to a baptism in our zone on Saturday for Lisa, and it was so amazing! Kevin came, and at church on Sunday, he was telling out ward mission leader that he felt like he needed to get baptized!!!! He followed it up with saying that he didn't know what church he needed to be baptized in, but it is a huge step in the right direction. Such a huge miracle. 

I went to my first MLC on Thursday! We read a talk called "Out of Obscurity" by Neal A. Maxwell, and it is so cool. If you have an opportunity to read it, I would highly recommend that you read it. So good. 

I think that those are the highlights of this week. Heavenly Father has so many miracles waiting for us, if we just accept them and look for them. They are there. I know it, I've seen it. 

The thought for this week comes from Joseph Smith:

Inline image 1

I know that as we treasure up the words of God, we will learn to love and appreciate them more. This week my challenge to you all is: Before you read the scriptures each day this week, to pray for a love and an understanding of them, and of what you read. I promise that if you do this, your day will go better, and you will have a better study experience. 

I am so grateful for all of you! Thank you for everything! I love you all lots! Let me know if I can do anything for you! :) 

Love, Sister Wood :) 

Pictures! 
1 & 2) Korean class! 
3) A member had a hammock. :) 

DSC08677.JPG



DSC08678.JPG



DSC08691.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment