Monday, August 22, 2016

This week has been great! I think all of my emails start that way, but it's always true. :) Monday was fun. I love P-days. :) We saw Kevin! Kevin is the best! I wish we could help him recognize his answer. But we will keep praying for him, and keep teaching him. He has such a sincere desire to know about this gospel. He wants to know the truth, and he wants to get an answer. He is so good. 

So on Tuesday, we had an interesting day, we went and did Temple Tours for another set of Sisters, which was so fun. I <3 temple tours. :) We gave a training in ZTM that we had to plan for, so we did that, then went to an... interesting dinner. They are a super cute family, but they are crazy! The dad just kept yelling at the kids, then finally the two year old yelled back, and said, "WHATT?" It was super funny. Then they sang us some scriptures, and we had a good time together. We went to BoM class, which is awesome as always. Then we had ice cream with our ward mission leader and the Elders, because one of them went home this last Wednesday. 

Wednesday! We gave a training on Law of the Harvest! If you have not read the BYU speech "The Law of Increasing Returns" By President Eyring, please go read it, cause it's really good. We had a few lessons with less-actives, and just had fun. That is something I'm super grateful for is that Sister Dinning and I just have fun with each other. It's pretty hilarious. :) 

Thursday, we went to SAN CLEMENTE!!!! I SAW THE OCEAN!!!!! A Sister in our mission currently can't walk, so we were able to go and help them out all day. It was so much fun. I loved being down there again. I love Sister Downs, and we just had a full day. It was so good. 

Fridays are kind of boring, cause we have a bunch of meetings then temple tours. BUT, they are still great, because there are no bad days in missionary work. :) If you're doing the things you're supposed to, even if things don't go according to plan, there will always be something good to find in a day. :) 

Saturday... Was awesome! I was on an exchange with Sister Kwok, in the Chinese ward... First thing we did was go and have a lesson with this family that the Sisters are teaching. Some lessons were learned. 

#1- Sister Wood does not speak Chinese. 

#2- Even if you don't speak the language, the Spirit can still touch your heart and let you know that truth is being taught. <- That was weird because I was sitting there, not understanding a single word, when every once in a while, the Spirit would poke my heart and be like, "Hey, that was true" and I would sit there, and think, "That's cool, I wonder what their talking about." It was super interesting. 

#3- The interpretation of tongues is REAL. I didn't suddenly understand what was being said, but there was one moment when Sister Kwok was teaching, and I had this thought, "She's teaching them about the tree of life." Then after the lesson, I asked her, and she looked at me and asked how I had known that. It was so awesome!!! 

#4- I received no culturing (don't know if that is a word) in Utah. They invited us to stay for lunch, to which we agreed! But then they put an entire deep fried fish with the head and everything on my plate. I just looked at them, then looked at the fish, then the fish looked at me, and I wanted to cry. I had no idea what to do, or how I was expected to eat the fish. So I just watched Sister Kwok, and followed suit. Side note- you don't have to eat the bones, but Sister Kwok did, so I did too.... It was a super interesting experience. But good! We also had tofu, eggplant, cabbage, and rice. 

Sister Kwok worked for a little bit on translating an article from English to Chinese, we contacted for a while, contacted some referrals, then we were headed to dinner with the Chinese Ward Mission Leader. 

It was a great day, and I learned a lot. I'm grateful for all of the experiences and the funny moments we had. Quote of the day: "Is dinner going to be like lunch?" "No, the WML is white, it should be American." :D It was a superb day! 

Kevin came to church! Also, we taught Gospel Principles, which was super fun. 

Such a good week! Lots of blessings, and lots of miracles. This weeks thought comes from the talk I was talking about earlier, "The Law of Increasing Returns" 

"I pray that you won’t let the world nudge you toward spending your futures now. There are some things you should work for and expect results now. But along with getting early harvests, I hope you’ll work and wait for the late ones. That will take seeing the law of increasing returns as an opportunity, not just a test. Delayed blessings will build your faith in God to work, and wait, for him. The scriptures aren’t demeaning when they command, “Wait upon the Lord.” That means both service and patience. And that will build your faith."

I know that some blessings come early, some come late, and some don't come til Heaven. But the Lord has a time and a season for all blessings. He knows what we need. He wants us to be happy. I am so grateful for delayed blessings. 

I love you all so much!! Please let me know if I can do anything for you. Have a great week! 

Love, Sister Wood :) 

1) Our District Leaders... :) Our District is called the Relief Society cause we have more Sisters than Elders. :) 

2) My exchange with Sister Call! 
3) We saw some more missionaries while they were in Irvine. :) 

DSC08727.JPG



DSC08742.JPG



DSC08746.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment