Wednesday, March 23, 2016

So we got transfer calls on Saturday! Ours was kind of interesting. I will be staying in Marblehead, but Sister Wolterman will be staying in Liberty Park and Cristianitos. So, we won't be companions anymore. :( But, we will be roommates, which makes everything better. Plus, our wards meet in the same building, so we will see each other all the time. 

My new companion is Sister Phinney! I have met her and talked to her a few times, but the only thing I really know about her is that she is from Canada, which is cool. :) I'm excited to get to know her and work with her. I'm also excited to stay in Marblehead. That's a huge blessing. Sister Wolterman will be training a new missionary from the Philippines! She is excited and nervous. :) 

This past week has been crazy because we've been up in Irvine a lot, or on exchanges because Sister Wolterman has had to plan a lot of things with the AP's and all that fun stuff. 

Lele came to a baptism last week, and Sister Wolterman leaned over and asked, "Have you ever thought about being baptized?" She responded with, "I want to be baptized, but I need to have time first." So that was awesome!!! It was way exciting, and the baptism was awesome. It was a huge blessing that she came. We were also able to go and teach her the Restoration. It was super cute cause when we started she stopped us and was like, "wait! I need to take notes!" So she went and grabbed a notebook.It was funny. :)  It's so amazing to watch the Spirit work on people. Also, it was amazing to be in that lesson, because we sometimes have a hard time explaining things to her, because we're kind of working from the ground up, but I know that the Spirit was helping us to be able to explain things in such a way that she understood them. She said she would read the Book of Mormon, and that when she was ready and decided who she wanted to baptize her, she would be baptized. I am so excited for her, but sad that I won't be able to teach her anymore. Sister Wolterman and Sister Corpuz will take good care of her though. 

We had a Family History activity in one of the wards, and a lady came and taught us how to do Family Search. I had just kind of assumed that most, if not all of my families work had been done, but within about fifteen minutes of looking, we were able to find names! That was a super cool experience, and it made me excited to do family history when I can. She said something while she was teaching us that stood out to me. She said, "We are laying the foundation of the Millenium." That really struck me. It was a really cool way to think of Family History, cause I had never thought of it that way. I was really impressed. 

We had a few miracles happen this week. 

Miracle one: We got a headquarters referral from the Elders, and we tried calling her a few times, with no luck. We decided to try one more time. She answered, and said we could come and visit her next Sunday! She was really open to hearing our message, and I am excited to see where it goes. 

Miracle two: We had a note given to us by the Elders from a member of the Marblehead ward. It was a referral for this man's daughter, who is 13 years old, and not a member. His ex-wife is anti-mormon, but he wants us to teach her when she is with him. So we will be seeing her on Thursday. The other part of this miracle is that he tried to do this once before, but the Sisters who were teaching messed up big time. I don't know why he has decided to trust Sisters again, but I'm grateful for the opportunity. I hope and pray that we won't let him down. 

That's all I have time for, but I hope you all have a stupendous week. Thank you for your love, prayers, and support! You're amazing!

Love, Sister Wood :) 

Picture 1) Lele and us after our lesson :) 
Picture 2) My mom sent me my violin! It came in this enormous box, and the zone leaders were like, "What is your family sending you? Cause it took up our entire backseat." 


DSC01236.JPG



DSC01232.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment