Saturday, November 12, 2016

Oh my goodness! This week was super amazing. :)
So Monday was pretty fun. We played Mafia as a zone. :D We have a great time together. I love my zone so much.
Tuesday we had an awesome District meeting, and celebrated one of the Sisters birthdays. :) It was fun. We had an appointment with Arianna, and we had asked one of our ward missionaries to come with us to her lesson. When we went and knocked on the door, no one answered. It was odd, because we'd confirmed with her earlier that morning. We knocked again, and waited, but no one answered still. We felt a little sheepish, but we still wanted to do something productive while we had the ward missionary there, and we both felt prompted to ask if she would try someone elses house with us. We drove over to Andrea's house. (She is from Serbia, and Sister Dinning and I tracted into her if you don't remember.) When we got there, she opened the door, and invited us in!!!! :D It was so cool! Also, after five minutes of being there, we found out that Sister Rossberg (ward missionary) and Andrea had super similar stories, and could 100% relate to each other. It was so amazing. Andrea is going through some rough times, and told us about what is happening in her life. We were able to testify of a loving Heavenly Father who wants her to be happy, and is there with her every step of the way. She started to cry, I started to cry, and the Spirit was so strong. I felt just an overwhelming love for this woman. It was so good. After we had been talking for a while, she asked if she could come to church with us. To which we responded with a resounding yes. :) She wasn't able to come yesterday, but texted us, and was super worried that we would be mad or upset. We assured her that we weren't and that she could come next week. We really hope to see her. :D It was such a good experience.
Wednesday we had a good lesson with Kevin. We read 1 Nephi 11 with him about the tree of life, and were able to talk about the symbolism, and what everything means. He asked a lot of questions, and we had some super good discussion. :)
Thursday I was on exchanges with Sister Lee! We had a great time together, and were able to go and see a lot of the less-actives that we haven't been able to get a hold of recently. It was kind of a miracle. We were able to do some service, and Sister Lee contacted a bunch of people in Chinese, which is always super cool to see in action I love going on exchanges with the Sisters. It's always a wonderful experience, and leads to many mighty miracles. :)
Yesterday was so good. I love fast and testimony meeting. It is so powerful when people get up to bear their testimonies. It is probably my favorite type of sacrament meeting. We had dinner with this amazing family. I love them so much. We had to have dinner super early, and had to make it really short, because we had to be somewhere at 5:30, but it was so wonderful. We had planned a message to share, but when the time came to share it, the Spirit led it in a totally different direction. We wound up talking about families, and family prayer. We talked about how prayer is like connecting with heaven. It was so amazing. I shared 3 Nephi 18:21, which talks about praying in your families, and I got super teary-eyed, because the Spirit testified to me how important it was. I was able to testify to this young family about the importance of family prayer. I'm so grateful that my parents were diligent in family prayer, because it has blessed my life far more than I'm sure I even know. We went to the temple music night, and saw Kevin there, as well as many friends. We spent most of it outside in the foyer talking to some recent converts that we knew. That was cool. Also, I found out that one of my investigators from Newport Hills is getting baptized!!! It's so exciting!
That's about it! This week will be fun, because Elder Hamula from the First Quorum of the Seventy is coming to our Zone Conference on Thursday, and then to MLC on Saturday. I'm super excited. So many miracles are coming! They are always around us. I know that they are.

https://www.mormonchannel.org/bc/content/mormon-channel/images/blog-post/Daily%20Quote/960x540/MCDQ-11.5.jpg
Oh my goodness. I love this quote. Plus, I love President Monson, so it's like double awesome. There are so many things that we can learn from the past, and we definitely need to prepare for the future, but there are so many miracles around us here and now. I am so grateful for the tender mercies that we have every day.
I love you all! Thank you for all that you do! I'll talk to you next week!
Much love,
Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment