Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Hello!
So it's really cold today. And by cold I mean 60 degrees. I have no idea how I'm going to live in Utah again, cause I'm really gonna be cold there.
This week was good! We had an awesome Thanksgiving. :) I'm so grateful for people who let us be a part of their lives. We got to help prepare for it, which was totally awesome. After the turkey was cooked, we put something else in the oven, but it was on parchment paper... So the parchment paper caught fire, and we totally almost burned down the Hawkers house. It was really scary, but also really funny after the fact. :)
We had to take our car in this week to see if the brakes were functioning properly, and while we were there, I had the opportunity to talk to the woman next to me about the gospel! It was so awesome! She accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon, and said she would read it. She doesn't live in our mission, so we are going to try and connect her with missionaries there. It was just kinda cool that we had that opportunity to share the gospel where we hadn't anticipated being able to.
ZTM was good, we trained on having a laser-like focus on our purpose in our missionary work. It was good, and helped remind me of what really is important. We talked about how our purpose is really to do as Christ would do. Do the work the way he would do it. Invite people to do the things as he would. It was really cool. :)
We got transfer calls! Crazy stuff there. I will be leaving Northwood, eliminating the possibility of me ever being in one area for longer than 3 transfers. Sister Peacock is going to be companions with Sister Lee, (who is currently serving in the yale ward, which is Mandarin speaking) who will finish her training. That is both happy and sad. They will be covering both the Chinese ward and Northwood, which means that Sister Peacock will have to learn Chinese as best she can. It's gonna be an amazing experience for her.
I will be going back to the San Clemente Stake, serving in the San Clemente and Forester Ranch wards, where Sister Dinning got moved to last transfer. :) I will be doubling in (again) with Sister Cannon. It's going to be good!
I'm really excited/ nervous. Doubling in/whitewashing is always a crazy experience. I'm sad to leave Sister Peacock, but she's going to do amazing things both in Northwood and in the Chinese ward. I'm so excited for her. I've had a lot of confirmations over the past few days that this is what Heavenly Father needs us to do, so I'm willing to do it.
As we closed our planning session a few nights ago, Sister Peacock prayed that we could be companions again before I go home. We are sad to be separated. It was actually kind of weird, because out of the 5 Sisters that came with Sister Peacock, only 1 is staying with her first trainer. The Lord's timing is not always our timing.
I think that's about all of the news and things. :) I'm excited for my next adventure!
Today's thought comes from President Uchtdorf. :)

Inline image 1
I know that it might seem hard sometimes, a lot of times even. Leaving my area is really hard. I love the people here. I also know that God has a greater vision that I do, and that I can be grateful even when things are hard. I am so grateful for all the opportunities that I have to grow every day.
Thank you all for your love and support. I hope you have a marvelous week. :)
Love, Sister Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment