Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 79: 18 months later... :)

Oh my goodness. It can't believe that it's here. This past week I hit 18 months. That was a super weird realization. But it's all good, cause I still have two weeks to do this great work. :)

This week was really good! 

We went to the temple, and it was amazing! Just what I needed this week. It was so good to be there again after not going for 3 months. If there's one perk to being home, it's that I can go to the temple as often as I would like. It was really good, and it was fun, cause we got to go with our whole zone! Which is only two districts and 19 people, so it's not super hard. We had a good time. 

I had my final interview with President this week. It was good/weird. We just talked about the things that I needed to do when I got home, and my plan, which is a 6 week program for missionaries to help them prepare to go home. It was good. I love President. 

We were able to see Socorro again! She's doing good, but we're going to have to push back her baptism a few weeks. She still has a desire to be baptized though, so we will keep working with her to get her there. Her kids and family is totally supportive of her getting baptized, which is a huge blessing. I'm so excited for her. :) 

Thursday I hit 18 months! It was crazy weird. We also had a zone conference with Elder Tad R. Callister, the Sunday School General President! It was SO GOOD! He and his wife are amazing. We learned so much about everything. They talked a lot about the atonement and how important it is in our lives. They also focused on the doctrine of Christ, (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.) When we teach people, we need to be focusing on the steps that will help them achieve exaltation, and allow them to live with their families forever. Eternal families is the goal, and we help people get there by teaching as Christ taught, and teaching what Christ taught. We learned about the importance of opening your mouth and preaching by the way. Then we talked about being consecrated missionaries. It was really cool, and a wonderful experience. I feel so blessed to have been here for it. :) Over all, he pretty much summed up his book "The Infinite Atonement" and his talk, "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" What a neat experience it was . 

We had two baptisms in our ward on Saturday! It was a mother and son, and it was so wonderful. I loved being there, and seeing them make covenants with our Heavenly Father. Every time I see someone step into the baptismal font, it makes me so happy, because I know how much joy they will have because of the gospel. It was so cool. :) Then we got to go and help with a Persian new year festival! It was so crazy. There were over 300 people in the Newport Beach Stake Center. It was so awesome! We were able to perform some musical numbers, and help people feel the Spirit that is in the church, and we also had a lot of fun! It was a super cool experience. We met some Elders from the California Carlsbad Mission, who had been switched from English work to Farsi work. I was suddenly very grateful that they had only asked me to learn Spanish. But the Lord qualifies those whom he calls, and I'm sure they will do a great job. :) 

Anyways, that's about it for me! I'm doing really well, and I'm excited for this coming week and the miracles that are going to happen. I am more thoroughly convinced of daily miracles now than I have ever been in my entire life. They are there every singe day if we will look for them. :) 

"Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good."

"Kindness is powerful."

I love these quotes, and I think they kind of speak for themselves. I know that we can always trust more in Heavenly Father and his promises, and we can always strive to be kinder to one another, and become more like our Savior. 

I love you all so much! Please let me know if I can help with anything! Have an amazing week! 

Love, Hermana Wood :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment