Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 78: The Lasts

Hola!

This week was good! I don't have a ton of time, so this will be pretty short... Sorry! 

We found a super awesome less-active family this week. They were not super friendly at the beginning, but after a little while talking to them, they warmed up to us. They are now our friends, and we're going to work on helping them come back to church! I'm excited. I always get really excited at the thought of people making and keeping covenants and coming back to the truth. It's so amazing to see. There is nothing else that can bring more happiness into our lives than coming to know our Savior, and making sacred covenants with Heavenly Father and keeping them. I love it. 

A member in our ward is hopefully bringing his nieces to church next Sunday, and he wants them to take the lessons! We're hoping that we will be able to teach them. I love when members do missionary work! 

This week I had my last zone training meeting... It seems that I have started my round of lasts. Tomorrow is my last interview, my last time at the temple here, the last, the last, the last. It's super surreal. I never thought I would get to this point of my mission. It's super weird. At the same time, it still doesn't feel real. I never anticipated my mission would go by so fast, and I never anticipated it to be this hard to leave. But the Lord has a time and a place for everything. That's where faith comes in. I know he's watching out for me. 

This week we have a general authority coming to our mission! We're having a special zone conference so that we can all hear his wisdom. I am so excited!!! I will tell you all about it next Monday. :D Also, I get to go to the temple tomorrow!! I'm so excited. :) The temple is my favorite place. 

We had some really good lessons this week. We saw most of our investigators, and are working on finding those who are truly progressing and figuring out why others aren't progressing. I love the people that I am teaching. They are all so nice, and so loving. It's amazing to work with them. It's also crazy to me how the Lord is preparing people every day, in everyone's lives for the gospel. There are people that we know right now, who we are influencing in some way to help them be ready for the gospel message. Isn't that cool? Heavenly Father is doing his part, so we also must do our part and be ready and willing when he needs us to act.  

I'm out of time, but I want to leave you with my love, and my testimony of this work. There is nothing better. I heard a quote once that said, "Any problem can be solved with missionary work." I think it's true. I love missionary work. It's not always easy, but it is always absolutely worth it. :) 


I've been learning a lot about faith recently, and what faith really means. It's so interesting to me that the scriptures talk about how we walk by faith, not sight, and if we see it, why would there be any need for faith? I love that the first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. When we have faith, we can overcome just about any obstacle that we might have. It might not go away, bad things will still happen, but faith in God will help us to understand that he has a vision much larger than we do. There is a purpose for everything. 


I've also been working a lot on my prayers. I'm working more on saying sincere prayers, rather than just praying to pray. It's made a difference. I feel a closer connection to Heavenly Father, and I feel like my prayers mean something to me. It's been a neat experience, and I plan on continuing to make my prayers more meaningful. 

I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Much love, Hermana Wood :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment