Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 75: And then there were three...

BUENOS DIAS!!!!

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy. I have no idea how to express just how happy I am by way of typing, but I am so excited for this transfer. Seriously, I am like bursting with joy, and I am so ecstatic. :D 

So this week was good! We picked up 2 new investigators, which makes 16 for the transfer, which is so so cool. Some are progressing, and others are not, but it has been such a privilege to invite them all to come closer to Christ. One is Erica, a former investigator who is super open to the gospel. The problem is she's super busy, (which is similar to everyone else in our ward...) but we will hopefully be able to see her at our return appointment this week. She is super sweet, and I'm super excited to work with her.

 We were able to see a lot of people last week. One of my favorite people is Gina, who is super catholic, but a lot of fun. It was amazing! When we went over, she told us about her friend who had come over, and asked her why she had a copy of the Book of Mormon. He got a little upset, and started talking about how it wasn't the Bible and all sorts of other stuff. Then, she proceeded to teach him about the Book of Mormon, how we had never told her it was the bible, and that it was another testament of Jesus Christ, and that it helped us see God's love for his children, because he gave everyone his word. It was so cool. He then asked her if she was going to go to church with us, and she said she didn't know yet. I'm so excited for her. She's amazing. 

We happen to be teaching a bunch of old women, and they are super funny. We have a 75 year old, a 72 year old, and an 82 year old. :) They are so fun to visit. 

Friday was crazy! We went out in the morning after studies for like an hour and a half to see some people, then returned to our apartment for weekly planning. After about an hour, we got a mission-wide text telling all of the missionaries to return to their apartments, because all of Orange County was experiencing terrible storms. In Spanish it's tormentos, which I like a lot. :) So we were confined to our apartment for the rest of the day. We did a lot of stufff. We made some awesome cookies, which was fun, a member of our ward brought us dinner, and she was going through a really hard time, so we were able to pray with her, and give her comfort. It's neat to me that even though we couldn't go out, we were still able to help the people that we needed to, whether they came to us or through the technology that we have. It was amazing. 

I think it's wonderful to see the promise be fulfilled that no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. I know that to be true. Even storms and being stuck inside can't keep us from serving the Lord. It was a neat experience. 

 I love this work so much. :)

So we got transfer calls on Saturday!!!  I was so unsure of what was going to happen, but Hermana Laboriel and I are staying together in Mission Viejo 5th ward!!!! WOOOO!!!!! I am so so so so so grateful. Just as we were about to say goodbye to our district leader though, he said, "Hold on! There's something else!" We were super confused, but then we found out that another Sister was being transferred from English to Spanish, and we were going to be IN A TRIO!!!!!! I've never been in a trio, and I am so ecstatic that I get to have one for my last transfer as a missionary. Her name is Hermana Brown!! I will be including a picture of the three of us that was taken this morning in our car. :) 

Haha, I'm so happy to be exactly where I am. I know this is where God wants me, and am so grateful to be in his service. This is the best and most important work in the world. There is a scripture in D&C 123 that I thought of, which says,

 "12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—
 13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
 14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.
 15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things."
There are so many people who don't have the truth, and I'm out here working to help them find it. I love where it says that this should be "attended to with great earnestness." Because in the war against Satan, we can't afford to be idle. He isn't going to stop trying to drag people down to misery, so we can't stop trying to help lift them up to the light, the pathway of happiness. I know this gospel to be true with my whole soul. I know that Christ lives, and is fighting everyday with us, shoulder to shoulder, helping us bring souls back home to Heavenly Father. 
I love you all so much. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. Have an amazing week!!!


Con mucho amor,
 Hermana Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment