Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 76: Sometimes, we just need to walk by faith

Hello Everybody!!!!!

Oh my goodness, que semana. (What a week.) :) It was so good! So many miracles happened this week. 

Spanish word of the day: chevere - cool  ( I like chevere better. It sounds chevere. :) )

There's a scripture that goes along with the thought of miracles in Moroni, 

“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven? … Has the day of miracles ceased?” (Moro. 7:27, 35.)

“I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men. … [nor will they], so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved.” (Moro. 7:29, 36.)

I have seen too many miracles to doubt that scripture. I know that God is actively, and intimately involved in every second of every day of our lives. It's amazing to have that kind of love, and that kind of support with us all the time. Sometimes I think I forget Christ's promise in John that says, 

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." Our God is a god of miracles, and I think one of the greatest miracles that we can experience is that of never being alone, and being understood by one far greater than ourselves. 

Being moved into Spanish has really taught me this principle. I realized the other day that there is no way that I could have picked up this language as fast as I have without the constant help of the Holy Ghost. What also baffles me is the fact that I was being guided to this long before I ever wanted to serve a mission, when I decided to take Spanish when I was in Junior High. God is all powerful, all knowing, and all loving. He knows what is best for us. 

This week we saw some wonderful blessings. One of which is having Hermana Brown with us. She brings with her this amazing spirit of diligence and joy with her. She has wonderful ideas and has been a huge blessing to me. I feel so blessed to be her companion. I'm also super grateful for Hermana Laboriel. She shows me time and time again the kind of missionary I want to be. This week has been full of love and laughter. 

We were able to see our investigator Marcela this week. We started teaching her two daughters as well. She is very sweet, and very open to the gospel. This week we taught about the Restoration, and invited her to be baptized. She said yes, but she is praying for a date. We have been working really hard to remind people of our purpose, and to be bold, while showing them love. It has been really cool to see. 

On Thursday we had a ward missionary activity, so the members could get to know us, and we could get to know them. It was so so fun. I absolutely love this ward. We have so many amazing people here. I love them with all that I am. It's so funny, because this happens every time I move wards, at the beginning, my heart is still with my previous ward, but after a few days of serving them, I realize that I have enough room in my heart for all of them. I'm not sure how it works, but love only grows as you give it away. 

We tried to stop by some less-actives on Saturday night, but they weren't home, so we went to a potential's house who lives below them. She invited us in, and we were able to share the beginning of the Restoration, and bear testimony of eternal families. It was a wonderful lesson. By the end of our lesson, she asked when we could come back! So we are going to see her again this week, and are excited to work with her. 

Haha, yesterday we were texting one of our investigators to invite him to church, and he responded with, "I would like to go to church, but I am drunk." We kind of laughed a little bit, then invited him to the ARP class later that night, when he was feeling a little bit better. Then, 20 minutes into sacrament meeting, he shows up!! I know it's not funny, but we were laughing so hard, because he had driven himself to church. I think Heavenly Father definitely protected him. But he came, and he enjoyed it. He was a little out of sorts, but hopefully he'll be able to come nest week and soberly enjoy the sacrament services. 

Wow. I wish you all could just watch my life unfold every week, because it's really hard to type it all out. :) I'm also sorry this is super long... But this week was really good, and I have definitely seen the hand of God in my life. Never forget that I love you, and God loves you. I pray for you often, and hope that life is treating you well. :D 

Thank you for all that you do! Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I love you all!!!! Have an amazing week! 

Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Wood :) 

P.S. I really am sorry this is so long, please don't feel obligated to read it if you don't have time. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment