Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 73: Andale pues

Hey y'all! This week was great!

So this week. We started February! What the heck!? I feel like all of time is just blurring together now. A year ago, I was leaving my greenie area... Never would I have imagined all of this happening. 

Spanish phrase of the week: Andale pues 

It literally means nothing, but is just used as a filler word. It took me 4 weeks to figure that out. No one could tell me the meaning of the word. If I figure out a better meaning, I'll let you know. :) 

We saw some really cool miracles this week. We saw Gina again! She is super nice. She loves the messages we share, and just like everyone has her hang up, but I'm confident that she will come to see the truthfulness of the gospel. That's something I love about this gospel. We don't actually have to convince anyone that it's true. All we are here to do is invite people to find out for themselves! Then, if they have a pure heart, and real intent, they will find out as well that it's true. I love that we're not selling a product, we're just sharing the message of God's love. What a blessing that we get to do that. 

We went to a crazy bible study this week, it was weird, but kind of cool. One of the ladies there said that she had a lot of questions about our church, which we are more than happy to answer, but we'll have to go on a day that they're not having the bible study, cause that was a crazy night. 

We picked up a few new investigators this week! One is Micaela. She is so awesome! The Hermanas met her contacting a while ago, and we were able to stop by and teach about eternal families, and how God is our loving father. The Spirit was so strong. We are going back this week, and will hopefully invite her to be baptized. We also had a pass off lesson with the English Elders, and it was so funny, because they don't speak any Spanish, so they just kind of sat, and nodded. :) But it was good, and a huge blessing for us. We're all on the same team, so that makes it all good. 

On Thursday we set a baptismal date with an investigator named Dariela. She is super sweet, and we actually haven't taught any of the set lessons that we have. But she agreed that if she knew this was true, she would enter the waters of baptism on March 4th. Hopefully we can help her get there. I'm excited to be a part of her journey. 

Friday we had some meetings, then were able to meet with a less-active young woman and her mother and grandmother, who are not members of the church. We talked about Helaman 5:12, and about building upon the rock of Christ. It was a wonderful lesson, and we are going back to teach them on Friday. :) I'm so excited. 

Something major that I've learned throughout these past few weeks is that we might not be able to communicate with people, whether it be because of a language barrier, or because someone is closed off or prideful, or whatever it may be, there are still a few things that are universally understood. The Spirit is one of them. I might not speak perfect Spanish, but I have learned how to teach with the Spirit. It has been amazing to see that even if I can't express myself as I would wish, I can still bring the Spirit into their lives. Another universal language is love. I love these people so much, and it makes me want to serve them. Service is another language that is universal. 

Some General Authority once said, something along the lines of,  "Always preach the gospel, and when necessary, use words." We can show people what the gospel is by how we act. I am so grateful for all the opportunities that I have to serve people. Service is probably one of my favorite things to do. One of the counselors in our mission presidency said in our last zone conference, "You love what you serve, and if you need to feel more love, serve more." It's so true. I can't help but love these people, because I am serving them. I am so happy to be exactly where I am, doing what I'm doing. It's the best thing in the world. 

Here is a quote for this week! 

"Perfect love casteth out fear."

This has been a lesson for me on my mission, and I thought it went well with my thought earlier about love. 

I love you all so much! If there is anything you need, please let me know! I would love to help in any way! 

Have an amazing week! 

Love, Hermana Wood :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment