Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 65: Adjusting... :)

Greetings everybody! I hope that all is going well. :) 

I know theoretically that Christmas is getting closer, but the weather here makes me think otherwise. It's so warm, but chilly at night. It's all good. :) 

This week was really good. :) We had a lot of ward activities, and some really good lessons with the investigators in our wards. It has been really crazy. 

I love these wards. There are so so so many amazing and wonderful people here. They are so good to us, and super nice. They are also pretty missionary minded, which is totally awesome. In ward council yesterday, someone said, "The Merrick's next door neighbor seemed pretty open to the gospel, but we think it would be best if the missionaries just "happened" to stop by. Do you Sisters think you could go tract over there and "run into them"?" Haha, I loved it so much. :) 

The Primary President is friends with one of our investigators who kind of fell of the grid, and she was talking to us about a solution, and she said, "I'll just keep texting her and calling her. Eventually she'll either come, or tell us that she's not interested. So we've just gotta keep trying!" It was the best thing ever. 

I love these wards. I also got to decorate two Christmas trees this week! it was so fun. 

We had an awesome zone conference this week. There were some really good trainings, and they opened it up for everyone to tell miracle stories! It was so amazing to hear all of the miracles that are happening around the mission. I met with President to get my Ecclesiastical Endorsement for school. That was weird. It's odd to think about the future. It was also Sister Cannon's Birthday! So everyone sang to her at zone conference. We had dinner with Bud and helped him do some things around his house. He's the 95 year old. He is the sweetest man. 

We got to help with this huge interfaith choir concert at the Stake Center yesterday. It was wonderful. So many amazing performances. It was a phenomenal opportunity to serve, and to get to know members of other faiths from around the community. It was really good. I also got to see Lele!!!! It was so good to see her. We got to sit and talk for about ten minutes between my assignments. She is doing really well. She is going to get her endowments out in May, and invited me to come to the temple with her. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to come back for it. She's so amazing. She introduced me to some people as her first missionary. It filled my heart, and made me feel so grateful that Heavenly Father loved me enough to let me be a part of her life. It was wonderful. 

That's about it for this week, partially because I'm out of time.... So I'll talk to you all next week! This weeks thought comes from Elder Bednar. :) 
Inline image 1

I love this quote. Something I've heard a lot this Christmas season is, "Keep Christ in Christmas." It makes me think of the reason why we're celebrating, and helps me to focus more on my Savior as we celebrate His birth. We are so blessed. I am so grateful for this season and the hearts that are softened as we all turn our hearts and thoughts to our Savior.

I love you all so much, and hope you have a wonderful week. 

Love, Sister Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment