Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 67: Happy New Year!

Wow, it's crazy to me that 2016 is already gone. I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I was at this point last year, serving in my very first area, with my second companion. There are some days where I wish that I could serve another mission right after this one is over so I don't have to stop doing this work. It absolutely is the best thing I have ever done. 

It was an amazing week filled with miracles and holiday cheer. We found out that our investigator who moved to Northern California has a baptismal date for the 7th of January! I'm so happy for her. That was kind of a miracle. The Elders up there are doing  a phenomenal job. I actually taught her a lot when I was in San Clemente before, so it's amazing to hear that she is taking that step. I also found out that one of the investigators I taught in Newport Hills is being baptized on the 7th as well! So hopefully I will be able to go and attend his baptism. It's crazy how awesome it is to see these wonderful, sweet people enter the waters of baptism. 

I loved Christmas. It was so full of wonderful people. We went to both churches, and were able to talk to family, which is always fun. I met my new nephew who slept the whole time I tried to look at him. It was wonderful to see everyone. 

We had a fun P-day activity yesterday, where we played volleyball. One of the Elders spiked the ball into my throat! It was pretty hilarious. He felt really bad, but it was more funny than painful. :D 

I'm so happy. I feel so lucky and blessed to be out here serving the Lord. I'm excited for 2017, and all of the new and exciting adventures and miracles that will come with it. 

Thank you for all of your love and support. You may never know how much it means to me. Thank you. 


Inline image 1

I love this quote, as we prayer fully set goals, Heavenly Father will help us see our potential, and where we can grow. He will help us. He wants us to improve and to be the very best we can be. I know he will do everything He can to help us grow. 

I love you all! Talk to you next year! 

Love, Sister Wood :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment