Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 69: Hermana Wood?

Hey Everybody! This week has been nuts.... Craziness. 

So it started off pretty normal... We had P-day on Monday, Tuesday we had District Meeting. We had an awesome District Meeting. I love my District so much! It's been so fun to work with them this transfer. We decided to have one last District Blitz in our area before transfers. We also had a really cool training on being a light. 

All of our dinners cancelled this week, so we had a lot of meals at home. I like being with Sister Cannon, so we made the most of it. 

We went to the temple! It was so amazing. I am so grateful that I got to go and be there. It seriously is one of my all time favorite places to be. Afterwards we went as a district to get lunch, which is always fun. It was so peaceful at the temple, and I just felt so good. 

On Saurday morning, we had a blitz in the San Clemente area. It was so amazing! We found a new investigator named Ana! She is from Brazil, and when she was flying from Brazil to California, she sat next to a missionary who gave her a Book of Mormon and taught her about it. We were walking around her neighborhood, right as she got home. We asked if we could share a message about Christ, and she said yes! I'm excited to see where it goes, because she seemed really genuine. 

So, this email is probably pretty scatter-brained, because I really only have one thing on my mind. I've been thinking about it constantly since Saturday night. On Saturday night, we had our weekly appointment with Sister Perry and the Elders. We knew it was transfer call night, so we were making sure to be home by 9. I wasn't particularly worried about transfers, because we just white-washed these areas, so I was pretty confident that we would both stay in the area. If not, I really thought I would stay, because I only have two transfers left. So it wasn't a huge deal to me. We got home at about 8:55, and then texted that we were inside. Sister Cannon went to shower, and I was going to get the transfer call, because we were that confident that we would both stay. So 9:30 rolls around, and I'm sitting out on the patio talking to the Hermanas who used to be our roomates, but are now our next door neighbors, waiting for the call, when suddenly the phone rings. I answer it, and this is how the conversation went. 

"Hello, this is Sister Wood." 

"Hi Sister Wood, it's Elder Rosenow, are you ready for your transfer call?"

"Yup, are we both staying?"

"Um... No. Sister Wood, you are being transferred to the Mission Viejo 5th Spanish ward, and you will be companions with Hermana Laboriel. You will be the designated driver, and you will be covering the MV 5th south area, speaking Spanish."

"......." "Elder Rosenow, that's not funny, what is actually happpening?" 

"Sister Wood, I'm not kidding, you're going Spanish."

"I don't speak Spanish! Really, are you kidding?"

"I'm not. Sister Cannon will be joined in Forester Ranch and San Clemente by Sister Wright." 

"Okay...... thanks....... (at this point I was sobbing) I'm going to go pray now."

And that was pretty much what happened. So I will be going to Spanish work today and doing my best to learn the language. I have been reciting 1 Nephi 3:7 over and over in my head, because I'm not sure what else to do. I'm so nervous, but I know that for some reason, God needs me where he is putting me, and I like Nephi will go and do. It's going to be a huge growing experience, because I am so far out of my comfort zone. We'll see how it goes. :) 



Inline image 1
Inline image 2

God has a plan for me, and a plan for you. When he asks something of us, he will always provide a way. I feel like I'm at the bottom of a huge mountain, and I have to climb it. I can't see the top, or how I'm going to get there, but I have a loving Heavenly Father who can see. He won't leave me alone on my journey. So I will climb. I love you all! 

Love, Hermana Wood.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment