Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 68: 2017

Happy 2017 everybody! 

This week was really good! We saw some definite miracles this week. We were able to meet two part-member families in our ward, and we will hopefully be able to start teaching them soon. They seem pretty open to the gospel, and coming back to church, so I'm excited to see where it goes.

Felicia is still on date for this Saturday, and the Elders who are teaching her promised to send pictures! I'm so happy for her. :)

We had breakfast with Bishop and his family on Wednesday. They are the nicest people ever! I don't know how I got so blessed to serve here with all these amazing people. 

I went on exchanges with Sister Downs in Cristianitos and Liberty Park wards. It was so fun. I love her lots. It was great to see some of the people that I knew when I was serving in those wards. I can't think of anything else that gets you to meet so many people. Missions are awesome. :) 

We have been helping the Elders teach one of their investigators, and she is just like the sweetest person on the planet. She has so many insights, and has such a testimony of the gospel. She just doesn't realize it in herself. Hopefully we can keep helping her move in a forward direction.

We were inside early on New Years Eve and had another great zone activity. :) We played water volleyball inside the gym, which may or may not have been the best idea, but it was really fun. I slept through the celebrating of the new year, but I hope you all had fun. :) Our church times got switched, so now our whole schedule is changing, and we have to figure out how to work our lives out again. It'll be fun. 

We got a miracle text this week! On Wednesday? Thursday? It doesn't matter. Earlier this week, I had a feeling to text one of our investigators who we haven't been able to meet with all transfer. I didn't say anything special, just wished him a Merry Christmas, and asked how he was doing. He then told us that he really wanted to retake the lessons again, but hadn't been sure how to ask us. He comes back in town today, and we are going to meet with him sometime this week! He is aiming to be baptized in February! It was so exciting! :D 

This week we have been focusing on being early to things, and I think it is going to be a trend for me for the rest of my mission. When we're early to things, it gives  us time to prepare mentally and spiritually. We don't feel rushed, and we are showing others that we are reliable. We have seen blessings come from striving to be early.

I'm very grateful for Sister Cannon. She is a wonderful missionary, and a wonderful companion. This week has been very good and full of miracles.  We don't know what will happen at transfers, but we are striving to do everything we can, so if anything happens, we can leave the are with no regrets. This is something I think would be beneficially for life in general. Doing your best so you don't regret things.
 
I've been thinking recently about the difference between regret and remorse. Regret holds us back, and keeps us from progressing. When we regret, we are leaving one foot in the past, and letting it weigh us down, preventing us from moving forward. When we have remorse, or Godly sorrow, it helps us to move on, and while we feel sorrow for the choices we made, or whatever our circumstances were, it propels us forward, and helps us to be better. I am hoping and striving that for this next year, I will feel remorse for my mistakes, but move forward, trusting Heavenly Father. I know that as we do, we will be blessed. We are intended to be eternal beings, but we can't do that if we don't keep moving forward. If you have a chance, read the talk "Remember Lot's Wife" by Elder Holland. It's a BYU speech. It's super good, and give some great insight about goals and moving forward.

That's about it! 

I love you all lots! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! 

I hope you all have an amazing week

Much love, Sister Wood :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment